The Center of Mosque Studies - The history of this mosque backs to 180 years back and is one of the most beautiful mosques of Tehran. It is located in Bazaar Complex of Tehran and was built by Fathali Shah’s order in 1222 Hijri.
In 1296 Hijri the minarets were bilt by Nasereddin Shah’s order. Its Sa’at (clock) tower also was added to the building and between the two minarets in 1322 Hijri. The plan of the mosque is four balconies style and the main shabestans are located in south side of the courtyard.
The architectural designs of the Imam Mosque mostly are compised of tile work, stalactite work and historical inscriptions which are written by Mahdi Molk Al Ketab.
By: Vahid Pourtajrishi